Congratulations on reaching the home stretch of ReFoReMo! You've done lots of reading already this month and I'm sure you've read a ton of superb picture books. Here are five more you may not have seen yet. Each of these books has taken up home in my subconscious for the very best reasons.
1. Shh! We Have a Plan by Chris Haughton
2. Nana in the City by Lauren Castillo
3. Hug Machine by Scott Campbell
4. Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by Christian Robinson
5. Please, Mr. Panda by Steve Antony
Happy reading and best of luck in your time spent with mentor texts. I hope these selections keep you good company as you continue writing great stories for our readers!
Matthew Winner is an elementary school teacher librarian in Elkridge, MD. He is the author of the Busy Librarian blog and host of Let's Get Busy, a weekly podcast with authors, illustrators, kidlit notables, and everyone in between. Follow Matthew on Twitter at @MatthewWinner or visit www.busylibrarian.com.